Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:12:43 -0500
From: Marybeth Haneline
To the members of the House Finance Committee:
I am a resident of Fairfax County and I strongly support HB 830 that would add Fairfax County to those counties that may impose a food and beverage tax without a referendum, provided the governing body voted unanimously to impose the tax.
I do not support HB 1138 that stipulates "the revenues from the tax were used to reduce the county's real property tax rate." I do not agree with adding contingencies.
As I stated in my testimony to the Testimony to Fairfax County’s Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly Public Hearing at Fairfax County Government Center on January 9, 2010, I am in complete agreement with Chair Bulova's testimony on the same day that "If the state cannot, and will not, ensure the quality of life that Fairfax County is known for … then at least allow us to diversify our revenues, so that we are not so dependent on fluctuations in the real estate market."
To: Ben Cline <DelBCline@house.virginia.gov>, Robert Orrock <DelBOrrock@house.virginia.gov>, Mark Cole <DelMCole@house.virginia.gov>, Tom Gear <DelTGear@house.virginia.gov>, Bob Marshall <DelBMarshall@house.virginia.gov>, Matthew Lohr <DelMLohr@house.virginia.gov>, Tag Greason <DelTGreason@house.virginia.gov>, Joe Johnson <DelJJohnson@house.virginia.gov>, Albert Pollard <DelAPollard@house.virginia.gov>, David Englin <DelDEnglin@house.virginia.gov>, Robin Abbott <DelRAbbott@house.virginia.gov>, Scott Surovell <delssurovell@house.virginia.gov>,
The house bill was tabled.
ReplyDelete